Welcome to Clare View AccommodationOn this page:
About Clare View Accommodation | Deals & discounts for our guests |
Eco friendly Clare accommodation
About Clare View Accommodation
Clare View Accommodation has two separate houses available as holiday rental accommodation on the same property (150 meter apart). The "Clare View HOUSE” (sleeps 8) is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom Bed and Breakfast and the "Clare View COTTAGE” (sleeps 4) a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, self contained holiday home.
Clare View is a 27 acre (11 hectare) property on top of some higher hills in the Clare Valley. Great views and outlook guaranteed! The main part of the property is devided into paddocks (grass) where our 7 alpacas roam around. The property also counts dozens of great gum trees and 670 new native trees and shrubs. Twelve free range chickens take care of your free range eggs for breakfast. It doesn't get any fresher than that!
A bitumen road (Spring Gully Road) takes you from the Main North Road to our driveway (gravel).
Although Clare View is very central located, it's a very quiet, country accommodation.
It's pretty much central of all surrounding wedding venues, very close to all great restaurants and wineries and only 4 km's away from Clare!
Spring Gully conservation park, with great lookouts and walking trails is just 6 km down Spring Gully Road and it's only 3 km to Neagles Rock Lookout.
The Clare Valley Visitor Information Centre is only 2 km down the road. The popular Riesling trail is just 3 km away from Clare View. This trail leads cyclists along picture perfect heritage & landscapes and of course tasty Clare Valley wines! Why not try the latest fun outdoor activity for The Riesling trail: hire a pedal go-kart! The available range of 3 and 4 wheeled bicycles can carry 1,2,3 and 1 bike even 6 persons!!! A great way to explore the Clare Valley! A day of cycling or hiking can't get any better!
You can also follow the scenic drive (SD) signs; a lovely drive that will take you to Sevenhill and beyond with lovely wineries and restaurants.
There are many lovely lookout points in Clare such as Spring Gully lookout, Brooks lookout, Quarry lookout, Neagles Rock and Billy Goat lookout. Most of them have picnic facilities.
Please ensure you have read our Terms & conditions and our Pet policy prior to booking. Thank you.
Specially for our guests: great Clare Valley deals!
Guests at Clare View receive some very exclusive discount vouchers. These discount vouchers will be waiting for you inside the Clare View HOUSE and Clare View COTTAGE on arrival. Great & true Clare Valley value!
We even have our own special payment deal, with a free bottle of wine for you!
- 25% off all main meals for lunch and dinner in the Sevenhill Hotel: The Sevenhill Hotel, Main North Road, Sevenhill, Tel: 08 8843 421.
- 20% off Annie's Lane wines: 20% discount on wine purchased at Annie's Lane Cellar Door in Watervale. The discount is valid for the current range cellar door wine only. Annie's Lane Cellar Door, Quelltaler Road, Watervale, Tel: 08 8843 0003
- 10% off Taylors Wines: 10% discount on Taylors Wines purchased at their Cellar Door at Taylors Road in Auburn, Tel: 08 8849 1117.
- 10% off wine & pizza at Stone Bridge Wines: Suburb pizza's and fantastic wines in one deal! The 10% off voucher is valid for the minimum purchase of 1 bottle of Wine & 1 gourmet pizza. Stone Bridge Wines Cellar Door is located at section 113, Gillentown Road in Clare, just of Spring Gully Road, Tel: 08 8843 4143.
- 10% off Erin Eyes Wines at Main North Road, Auburn, Tel: 08 8849 2260
- 10% off professional in room massage by Clare Valley Massage. Accredited in massage, acupressure and Reiki. Please choose from "Bliss Massage" (70 min.), "Indulgence Massage" (40 min.) or 1 hour massage. Please book in advance. Call Erica direct on 04 194 87 079.
- 2 complementary bottles of Clare Blue Shiraz when participating a Clare Valley Wine Tour. As guests of Clare View, you receive 2 bottles of Clare Blue Shiraz when booking a tour with Clare Valley Experiences. Private tours are for any number up to 9 or 10 passengers for 4, 5 or 6 hours. Guests are welcome to join the regular Saturday Tour at $50 a head. For bookings call David from Clare Valley Experiences direct on 0419 035 946 or 08 8842 1880.
Eco friendly Clare accommodation
Our continuous aim is to be an environmental friendly / eco friendly place to stay. Sustainability is a priority and therefore we recycle as much as we can (glass, cans, plastic bottles, paper, cardboard). We seperate recyclable materials ourselves and bring it to appropriate recycling stations. Left over foot scraps or bread will be fed to our chickens or go onto the compost heap. In return our free range chickens provide you with delicious eggs!
Clare View mainly uses eco friendly cleaning materials and we will put effort into purchasing the most environmentally friendly products whereever we can.
The mud brick Clare View HOUSE was build in such way that the house stays cool in summer and stays warm in winter. This saves lots on energy and greenhouse gas emissions in our environment. However a woodfire, electrical heating in the bathrooms and a reverse cycle air conditioning (heating/cooling) is ready to adjust the inside temperature to your liking. The HOUSE and COTTAGE have energy saving lighting inside and outside.
To compensate the carbon footprint of the house, native vegetation has been planted in 2010. The house is mostly self sufficient; it runs 100% on rainwater and firewood and kindling is collected from the property. We hope to plant a small plantation soon to provide firewood for the future.
An other step forward has been made by installing a 3 KwH solar panel system on the nearby shed, that provides at least 50% of the electricity that's being used at Clare View. This way we hope to contribute our bit towards eco tourism / green tourism in the Clare Valley.
So stop looking, start booking and enjoy!
About Clare View I Wheelchair accessible Clare Valley accommodation I Eco friendly Clare Valley accommodation I photos & videos of the Clare Valley I Clare Valley bicycle hire I Clare Valley bike hire I Clare Valley cycle hire I hire a bike in Clare I Clare Valley activities I Cycling the Riesling Trail I rent a bike in Clare I BERG Pedal go-kart, pedal car, surrey, quadricycle, quadracycle, four-wheeled bicycle hire and sales South Australia I Clare View rates I Clare View specials I What's included I Terms & conditions I check availibility Clare Bed & breakfast online I Book B&B in Clare online I Tentative booking options I Where is Clare View located I Contact usI Things to do and see around Clare View I What's there to do and see in the Clare Valley I Wineries, vineyards, cellar doors & wines in the Clare Valley I Galleries I Clare Valley fresh produce markets I Restaurants, cafes, pubs in the Clare Valley I Distance table I What to see and do around the Clare Valley I About us I Clare B&B guest reviews I useful links I Clare Valley Dutch I Clare Valley French I Clare Valley German I Clare Valley Italian